Attention home owners ! If you are thinking of selling your home on your own without the help of a real estate agent , please read this post.
If you have time to show it , to market it, if you know the market value of your home and know real estate laws in your state you can try to sell your own home. Please hire an attorney to help with the sale.
Home owners often try to sell their home on their own without having any knowledge of how to do it.
They buy a Sale Sign from Home Depot and have Open house every weekend.
I have gone to some open houses and noticed they do not even have a property description brocure.
Here are some things you can do if you are selling on your own :
1. Make sure you price it right. You should see what is on the market in your community and what has recently sold. The price should not depend on what you paid for the house nor on what you need to net inorder to buy another house or to pay off your mortgage.
2.Take many great pictures of the house and all the rooms . Make a property description brochure. Include lot size, property taxes and all the upgrades you have made.
3.Prepare a sellers disclosure sheet if it is required by law in your state.
4.You already know about the Sale sign and advertising in the newspaper and on internet sites .
5.When you advertise you should decide whether you will pay a buyer agent who brings a buyer and how much .
6 .Be carefull when you let strangers into the house. Have someone else with you at the time.
7. Hire a good real estate attorney to help you with the contract to represent your interest.
8. Find out how to obtain certifications required for settlement.
9. Calculate your net proceeds and if it is a short sale, do you have money to bring to the closing table . If not you may not be able to sell unless your lender has accepted the short sale. Do you know anything about short sales?
10. Please remember that you will receive calls from other agents asking if you are going to cooperate with agents and from buyers who will be looking to save the commission that you are trying to save.
But if you have time to show the home,if you will not be offended when people make negative comments about your house, if you know real estate laws in your state, if you have an attorney to help with the sale, if you are not scared of allowing strangers into your house,(when agents show the house they have done some screening of the clients, ), you should also know how to negotiate when the buyers make an offer, you should try to sell on your own.
There is a lot more to selling a house than just placing a Sign in the yard and an Ad in the newspaper.
If you tried selling your home on your own and have not been successful, in Bucks County call Gita Bantwal at Re/Max Centre 215-343-8200x124 or 215275-8491 If you are selling in other parts of the Country I will be glad to refer you to a good agent in the area. I network with agents all over United States and Canada .
When you read about events please check the year for the event as some people find information a year later and think it is for that year. . The posts remain online even after the event.
Gita Bantwal is a Realtor with RE/MAX Centre Realtors in Bucks County, a Northern suburb of Philadelphia. You can view 1000s of listings on her web site www.GitaBantwal.com
She can be reached at 215-343-8200x124 or direct 215-275-8491 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a FREE MARKET EVALUATION OF YOUR HOME IN PHILADELPHIA, BUCKS or MONTGOMERY COUNTY call me at 2152758491
Gita specializes in Active adult communities and is a Seniors Real Estate Specialist. She holds the ABR designation (Accredited Buyers Representative) and specializes in selling to first time buyers as well as move up buyers.Gita also hold the CRS designation , Certified Residential Specialist and the CDPE designation as well. Information about real estate market is deemed to be correct but is subject to errors and omissions and should be verified independently.. Opinion expressed by me or others in my post and comments is not to be construed to be legal advice.I am licensed in Pa. Check real estate laws in your state as they may be different than in Pa.